At Banchory Lodge a strict environmental policy is in place as part of the hotel's contribution to protecting the environment, in which we are committed to sound environmental practices in all areas of the business.
As such, we strive to prevent pollution, both for the hotel and especially for our restaurant, by sourcing quality local suppliers to purchase our hotel products and food from.
In addition to this we have an extensive recycling program in place where our glass, cans, and plastics are uplifted b the local authority for recycling, and our paper, cardboard, wood, raw and cooked food waste is collected by our partners at Keenan recycling turn these items into compost which we in turn use on the estate grounds. All heating and hot water is generated via our biomass wood pellet system and the while we are actively pursuing the reduction of water usage in our bedrooms and washrooms.
Preference is given to products and services which have minimal or beneficial effect on the environment and we actively work on measures to help protect and sustain the local wildlife population in conjunction with the Forestry Commission Scotland, RSPB and the Scottish Beekeepers association.
The conservation of natural resources is vital to our future, which is why Banchory Lodge has formed our “Green Team” to ensure we are doing everything we can to implement procedures and ensure good practices are adhered to.
Here are some of the ways in which you can help
- Please do not leave taps running unnecessarily.
- Leave your newspapers, bottles and cans on the floor beside your bin for recycling.
- Place used towels on the bathroom floor if you require them to be replaced if not, please leave them hanging on the rail.
- Switch off lights when they are not in use
- We strongly believe that our efforts to support a healthy environment serve the interests of both current and future generations and constitute the foundation for enduring success.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Environment Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.